The most important cause of gingival recession is inadequate oral hygiene (see Oral Hygiene). Inadequate brushing and flossing allows bacteria to build up between the teeth and below the gumline, which leads to gingival recession. Except for oral hygiene, there are many possible causes of gingival recession:
- Aggressive tooth brushing,
- Bad habits (pen biting, nail biting etc.)
- Genetic predisposition,
- Tobacco consumption,
- Changes in tooth positions due to unwanted tooth movements (mostly in adjacent teeth that are around tooth lost gap),
- Orthodontic disorders (see Orthodontics).
Gingival recession results in tooth sensitivity, movement of the teeth, tissue loss in inter-dental spaces and aesthetic problems.
- Our Treatments
- Cosmetic Dentistry & Smile Design
- Fixed Dental Prosthesis
- Removable Dental Prosthesis
- Dental Implants & Dental Surgery (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
- Periodontology (Treatment of Gum Diseases)
- Pediatric Dentistry (Pedodontics) & Orthodontics